- Award winning and versatile creative with expertise in visual storytelling, visionary leadership, and client services
- Proven success designing American coins and medals, implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns, and inspiring creative teams
- Accomplished in graphic design, digital design, illustration, web animation, typography, color theory, and copywriting
- Experienced in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Animate, WordPress, and Squarespace
- Highly skilled in interpersonal relationship building; able to empathize, energize, and resolve conflicts with patience and respect
2004-PRESENT: Chris Costello Design & Illustration—Arlington, MA
ART DIRECTOR, SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER, COIN DESIGNER, DIGITAL DESIGNER, and ILLUSTRATOR: Creates print and digital graphic design, illustrations and typography for books, catalogs, coins, medals, magazines, product packaging, advertising campaigns, brand identity and websites. Clients include Scholastic Press, IBM, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Random House, Simon & Schuster, Harper Collins, and MIT.
2010-PRESENT: United States Mint (Contract)—Washington, DC
COIN AND MEDAL DESIGNER | ARTISTIC INFUSION PROGRAM ARTIST: Designs coins and medals for America’s commemorative and circulating issues. Submitted drawings to over 50 United States Mint design programs. Original artwork appears on 23 coins and medals including one Congressional Gold Medal. Eleanor Roosevelt design nominated for 2014 Coin of the Year Award.
2008-2018: NRT—Waltham, MA
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER: Designed print and digital marketing materials, corporate communications, and consumer advertising for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage New England and Mid-Atlantic regions. Created and conducted annual design workshops and software training sessions for creative team members. Consistently won awards for creative excellence and set a design standard for the New England real estate market that was imitated by competitors.
2017-PRESENT: Middlesex Community College—Bedford, MA
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER: Identify current industry trends and provide recommendations for development of the Graphic Design curriculum. Critique portfolios of program graduates at end-of-semester reviews.
2015-PRESENT: Cyrus Dallin Art Museum—Arlington, MA
MEMBER BOARD OF TRUSTEES: Provide graphic design, advertising art, and relevant volunteer services to further the museum’s mission “to advance the legacy of the celebrated American sculptor, Cyrus E. Dallin”.
2006-2012 American InHouse Design Awards
Graphic Design USA—Winning entries for Advertising, Annual Reports, Invitations and Brochures
2000-2003 Northeastern University—Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design and Visual Communication